Sadguru Sri Gnanananda Seva Trust is a registered non-profit, secular, voluntary public charitable trust formed in 2006. The Trust was set up to empower economically disadvantaged and underprivileged youth and equip them with the skills not merely to make a livelihood but make a life rich in values. The first act of the Trust was therefore the Project called Swami Vivekananda Rural Community College.
SVRCC has been created to fulfill two main objectives – Service & Education.
N Harihara Subramaniyan is the Trustee of Swami Vivekananda Rural Community College (SVRCC) near Pondy which is recognized as a Model Institute drawing attention and appreciation from all over the world.
GVS Communication to the Trustee on Aug 24, 2015
Click here to view the PDF document
One of the Excellent program that was ever conducted in our Campus
The entire Pondy Lead by the CM, the Chief Secretary,IG Of Police,Social welfare board officials,the local MP, local MLA, the philanthropic MLA from Yanam Mr.Malladi Rajagopal and scores of other officers, Rotary members were enjoying every minute of those 100 minutes blessing the Institute and offering their mite.
MANY OF THEM HUGGED GVS AND SOUGHT HIS BLESSINGS JUST SETTING ASIDE THEIR CADRE AND POSITION AND THE ENTIRE ATMOSPHERE WAS FULL OF POSITIVE EMOTION.
The highlight is of course the enrollment of 53 Young boys and girls drawn from the 63 Children homes of Pondy and the CM handing over the Certificate and I'd Card to each and every one of them.
CM was visibly moved seeing the facilities and paid rich encomiums and honoured our Beloved GVS and Anu with shovels and a Police Service Momento. CM and all dignitaries stayed back to enjoy the hospitality so nicely arranged and then left with so much Joy -it was looking like their own family marriage.
The High end Government Band in full attention and a few Naval officers present Added to the Majesty of the Campus and the hundreds of cars lined up in and out with flags flying-wow no doubt the day was a Special reward from God himself and a milestone Day in the Service of SVRCC.
Long live SVRCV
Long live Br.Gvs and Anu.
Long live all those fortunate to connect.
Receiving Assocham Award for the best Skill development institute in India - SVRCC Pondy
Amidst the Trustee of SVRCC showcasing the Trophy and Certificate received in New Delhi from the Central Minister Mr. Dattareya for the best NGO in skill development (year 2014-15)
Mission of the Trust
- To reclaim school dropouts, who represent the bulk of India’s prodigious youth power
- To equip economically disadvantaged youth to attain technical proficiency
- To impart education that balances livelihood skills and value-based living
- To make responsible citizens out of disgruntled youth
What we have done till now?
- In one small portion of the land donated for the College in its entirety, we have built a makeshift college & made a start with SVRCC’s educational journey in 2008
- We conducted four diploma courses during first academic year (2008-09)
- The first batch of 70 students completed their education and training in June ’09. Of those 50 are employed and 20 are pursuing higher studies.
- A unique feature of the curriculum is the compulsory teaching of life-coping skills, computer basics, English communication and discipline. This has been embraced avidly by the students and the resultant positive energy is awesome.
- The Trust has eleven trustees, headed by G V Subrahmanian, the Managing Trustee. G V Subrahmanian (GVS) is an ex-banker who has made a name for himself in appropriate social activity whenever and wherever the occasion demands. He has deep concern for the future of India’s youth power as well as clear vision and the perfect roadmap for making their future bright and purposeful.